Tuesday, July 08, 2003
5:53 PM | Posted by E. Nough
Here's something to think about: the number of American soldiers killed in Iraq is only now approaching Gulf War I levels.
WASHINGTON - The Pentagon on Tuesday raised its count of Americans killed by hostile fire in Iraq since the war began in March to 143, a figure that approaches the 147 killed in the 1991 Gulf War.Before anyone writes angry comments, yes, I know this is cold comfort to those who sent their loved ones to Iraq never to see them again. I am not here to devalue their lives and discount their deaths. Nonetheless, we live in the real world, and the real world doesn't usually grant us ideal outcomes. I am sorry for the 143 soldiers that died, but I am elated for all those that have not, and will not. We are at war to crush a hideous movement in its infancy. Given the conflict, the enemy we face, and the consequences of continuous appeasement masked by UN euphemisms, 143 dead is a small price to pay. Better a couple of hundred now, than thousands, or millions, later. It's unpleasant to face the world on these terms, but sometimes, cold comforts is all we have.
- ► 2004 (93)
- Best Goldberg line ever. I'm sorry, but not sin...
- Si Vous êtes français... Do NOT send me email. ...
- I've seen people ask where the moderate Muslims ar...
- Courtesy of the Inoperable Terran, I found a rathe...
- The Atlantic reports that the UN has appointed an ...
- Here's something to think about: the number of Ame...
- Slow news day for the wire services Bush arrive...
- So Google has been putting up some rather interest...
- Charles Johnson has a link to the ultimate Islamis...
- This past Tuesday, hundreds of thousands marched i...
- By way of Charles Johnson comes news that Saudi Ar...
- ▼ July (11)
- Make Money Online
- Staunch Moderate
- Rittenhouse Review
- Work at Home News
- Second String Swap
- Investment Banking Monkey
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- TRR Blog
- Bloombox Reviews
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Beadle Beads
- Glass Beads Supplies
- Paquet Full of Glass
- Native American Jewelry