I first heard this story listening to The World -- a co-production of the BBC and Public Radio International -- while driving home last night. The story, which you can listen to from this page, was actually pretty thorough, immediately made the listener aware of the fact that Blair was cleared, and seemed to genuinely try to be balanced about the whole thing.
But frankly, I could have skipped the story, because the instant they mentioned it, I knew that Blair was cleared. How did I know this? What magical powers of prediction have I to guide me? Well, none. All I have is a clock in my car. The story wasn't even mentioned until about 10 minutes into the program. Had Parliament found Blair guilty of cover-up, does anyone doubt that The World would have led with it?
- ► 2004 (93)
- Best Goldberg line ever. I'm sorry, but not sin...
- Si Vous êtes français... Do NOT send me email. ...
- I've seen people ask where the moderate Muslims ar...
- Courtesy of the Inoperable Terran, I found a rathe...
- The Atlantic reports that the UN has appointed an ...
- Here's something to think about: the number of Ame...
- Slow news day for the wire services Bush arrive...
- So Google has been putting up some rather interest...
- Charles Johnson has a link to the ultimate Islamis...
- This past Tuesday, hundreds of thousands marched i...
- By way of Charles Johnson comes news that Saudi Ar...
- ▼ July (11)
- Make Money Online
- Staunch Moderate
- Rittenhouse Review
- Work at Home News
- Second String Swap
- Investment Banking Monkey
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- TRR Blog
- Bloombox Reviews
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Beadle Beads
- Glass Beads Supplies
- Paquet Full of Glass
- Native American Jewelry