Monday, June 23, 2003
11:51 PM | Posted by E. Nough
Protesters bare meta-assesThe usual bunch protested the biotech conference in Sacramento, with tactics that so successfully prevented the Iraq War:
Demonstrators included chefs in aprons and white hats banging utensils on saucepans, as well as activists dressed as giant ears of corn, butterflies and tomatoes. Protesters carried large puppets, signs such as "Feed the needy, not the greedy," and trumpeted urban food programs, veganism and organic farming.Well, I sure am convinced. Veganism über Alles.
After the planned march, about 20 protesters doffed their clothes, danced on the Capitol steps and began an unauthorized march through downtown. The naked protesters dispersed when the highway patrol brought in buses and threatened to arrest them.
- ► 2004 (93)
- Couldn't have put it better myself: I don't kno...
- Cynthia Ozick makes an extremely distressing point...
- Re-cycle of violence Hey, where have we heard t...
- I have to ask... Sheep smugglers?! (As to th...
- AP has a story on the wires that the CIA may have ...
- A most interesting photo slide show by the AFP in ...
- Fans of Rachel "Squish" Corrie will no doubt be ou...
- Protesters bare meta-asses The usual bunch prot...
- I'm usually not very interested in loud arguments ...
- Another day, another bomb... The Arab-Israeli c...
- McDonald's vs. Lunch Ladies; no contest The eee...
- Two words: mashed peas.
- June's Atlantic Monthly has a fascinating article ...
- It doesn't suprise me that Mark Morford has penned...
- Wow, talk about credulous reporting: Teachers s...
- So much of this AP article on the Sultaana Freeman...
- ▼ June (16)
- Make Money Online
- Staunch Moderate
- Rittenhouse Review
- Work at Home News
- Second String Swap
- Investment Banking Monkey
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- TRR Blog
- Bloombox Reviews
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Beadle Beads
- Glass Beads Supplies
- Paquet Full of Glass
- Native American Jewelry