McDonald's vs. Lunch Ladies; no contestThe eeevvviillll Yankee hamburger-peddlers at McDonald's are destroying France yet again, this time acting as scabs.
The cafeteria staff at Robespierre (!) middle school in Epinay-sur-Seine went on strike, figuring they'd use the hungry students as leverage. So the school management ordered out at McDonald's.
I've got to say -- either the food at French school cafeterias is vastly superior to that of the U.S., or the Lunch Ladies of Labor were vastly overestimating the impact of their strike.
- ► 2004 (93)
- Couldn't have put it better myself: I don't kno...
- Cynthia Ozick makes an extremely distressing point...
- Re-cycle of violence Hey, where have we heard t...
- I have to ask... Sheep smugglers?! (As to th...
- AP has a story on the wires that the CIA may have ...
- A most interesting photo slide show by the AFP in ...
- Fans of Rachel "Squish" Corrie will no doubt be ou...
- Protesters bare meta-asses The usual bunch prot...
- I'm usually not very interested in loud arguments ...
- Another day, another bomb... The Arab-Israeli c...
- McDonald's vs. Lunch Ladies; no contest The eee...
- Two words: mashed peas.
- June's Atlantic Monthly has a fascinating article ...
- It doesn't suprise me that Mark Morford has penned...
- Wow, talk about credulous reporting: Teachers s...
- So much of this AP article on the Sultaana Freeman...
- ▼ June (16)
- Make Money Online
- Staunch Moderate
- Rittenhouse Review
- Work at Home News
- Second String Swap
- Investment Banking Monkey
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- TRR Blog
- Bloombox Reviews
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Beadle Beads
- Glass Beads Supplies
- Paquet Full of Glass
- Native American Jewelry