Thursday, August 14, 2003
12:41 AM | Posted by E. Nough
I can't remember where I found this (probably at Daily Pundit), but Howard Veit has a very insightful viewpoint on the whole clash of civilizations (which involves more than just us Westerners and Muslims). I don't agree with everything he says -- hell, I disagree with much of it -- but it is still worthwhile reading, and something we all should keep in mind.
What we show all these other cultures as a better way, is our "culture", not our Bill of Rights. One rap song is enough for everyone to say "get out of my life". India is now a certified power. They have the bomb, a ton of money, a successful university system turning out some of the world's top programmers and scientists. They are a net food exporter. They think they are every bit as good as us. They are right, because they have money too.Umm, and don't read it if you are bothered by gratuitous scatological references. You've been warned.
- ► 2004 (93)
- Interesting bit from this article about the Japane...
- Instapundit seems taken aback and troubled by this...
- It's late, I'm tired, and I don't feel like dealin...
- It seems that Arab terror activity in Israel has d...
- Well, that didn't take long. Only a few years aft...
- A few months back, just after the Columbia launch ...
- I don't listen to talk radio much, but I'll catch ...
- I can't remember where I found this (probably at D...
- Hi. I'm Ralph Nader. Please vote for this gu...
- This is just all kinds of creepy and wrong: JAC...
- Charles Johnson links to an MSNBC story on rapes a...
- ▼ August (11)
- Make Money Online
- Staunch Moderate
- Rittenhouse Review
- Work at Home News
- Second String Swap
- Investment Banking Monkey
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- TRR Blog
- Bloombox Reviews
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Beadle Beads
- Glass Beads Supplies
- Paquet Full of Glass
- Native American Jewelry