Monday, April 14, 2003
8:54 PM | Posted by E. Nough
What an excellent story:
Iraqi Muslims came to the aid of Baghdad's tiny Jewish community yesterday, chasing out looters trying to sack its cultural centre in the heart of the capital...(By way of Instapundit.)
"The Jews have always lived here, in this house, and it is only normal that we should protect them," said Ibrahim Mohamad, 36, who works in a small undergarments factory near the centre of town.
Although the majority of Jews fled the country in the early 1950s, many of their Muslim tenants come each week to pay their rent to an old woman at the centre, Mohamad said...
"We are defending the synagogue like all houses on the street and we will not let anyone touch it," said Edward Benham, a 19-year-old computer science student.
- ► 2004 (93)
- So the Tel-Aviv suicide bombers are both British c...
- C-SPAN is rebroadcasting the Palestinian satellite...
- Blogger Permalink Fix To everyone using Blogger...
- Lest it accidentally pick up a loose scrap of cred...
- More reality TV Oh, this is just great.
- Andrew Sullivan mentions something that's been bot...
- Some of you may be lying awake nights, thinking to...
- The normally reasonable Aziz Poonawalla retreads a...
- What an excellent story: Iraqi Muslims came to ...
- Little Green Birthday It's Charles Johnson's bi...
- Sorry I've been so quiet lately. It's been a pr...
- ▼ April (11)
- Make Money Online
- Staunch Moderate
- Rittenhouse Review
- Work at Home News
- Second String Swap
- Investment Banking Monkey
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- TRR Blog
- Bloombox Reviews
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Beadle Beads
- Glass Beads Supplies
- Paquet Full of Glass
- Native American Jewelry