THE LEFT'S DESPAIR: I was walking through my neighborhood the other day - in D.C.'s hyper-p.c. Adams Morgan - and I swear I've been seeing a few more anti-war posters since the war ended. The signs are perhaps expressions of some kind of rage at reality...(Emphasis Sullivan's.)
I've noticed that too. At first, seeing "No War on Iraq" stickers and signs for a war that had already begun (and then, for a war that was over), I figured their owners simply hadn't gotten around to removing them. But it's been quite a while now, and the stickers and posters are still up. It's a poignant mixture of sad and absurd, really: defeated misguided idealism that refuses to acknowledge reality.
Must be the same process that compels people to keep those "Nader 2000" stickers on their cars. Maybe it's there to make it really clear to the rest of us that some people are really slow to catch on.
- ► 2004 (93)
- So the Tel-Aviv suicide bombers are both British c...
- C-SPAN is rebroadcasting the Palestinian satellite...
- Blogger Permalink Fix To everyone using Blogger...
- Lest it accidentally pick up a loose scrap of cred...
- More reality TV Oh, this is just great.
- Andrew Sullivan mentions something that's been bot...
- Some of you may be lying awake nights, thinking to...
- The normally reasonable Aziz Poonawalla retreads a...
- What an excellent story: Iraqi Muslims came to ...
- Little Green Birthday It's Charles Johnson's bi...
- Sorry I've been so quiet lately. It's been a pr...
- ▼ April (11)
- Make Money Online
- Staunch Moderate
- Rittenhouse Review
- Work at Home News
- Second String Swap
- Investment Banking Monkey
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- TRR Blog
- Bloombox Reviews
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Beadle Beads
- Glass Beads Supplies
- Paquet Full of Glass
- Native American Jewelry