Tuesday, April 29, 2003
4:54 PM | Posted by E. Nough
Lest it accidentally pick up a loose scrap of credibility, the UN
Human Rights Commission diligently strives at self-parody.
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Cuba was reelected without opposition on Tuesday to the United Nations' top human rights body, prompting a fierce response by Washington that it was "like putting Al Capone in charge of bank security."Emphasis mine.
The voting took place in the 54-nation U.N. Economic and Social Council, which two years ago ousted the United States from the Human Rights Commission for the first time since Washington helped found it in 1947. The United States was returned to the body in a vote the following year.
- ► 2004 (93)
- So the Tel-Aviv suicide bombers are both British c...
- C-SPAN is rebroadcasting the Palestinian satellite...
- Blogger Permalink Fix To everyone using Blogger...
- Lest it accidentally pick up a loose scrap of cred...
- More reality TV Oh, this is just great.
- Andrew Sullivan mentions something that's been bot...
- Some of you may be lying awake nights, thinking to...
- The normally reasonable Aziz Poonawalla retreads a...
- What an excellent story: Iraqi Muslims came to ...
- Little Green Birthday It's Charles Johnson's bi...
- Sorry I've been so quiet lately. It's been a pr...
- ▼ April (11)
- Make Money Online
- Staunch Moderate
- Rittenhouse Review
- Work at Home News
- Second String Swap
- Investment Banking Monkey
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- TRR Blog
- Bloombox Reviews
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Beadle Beads
- Glass Beads Supplies
- Paquet Full of Glass
- Native American Jewelry