CBS Memos - the Source Is Obvious
There has been much speculation on the source of the forged memos that were passed to CBS. Some have accused the Kerry Campaign. Some said it might be the MoveOn PAC. Some are whispering that it's the Bush Campaign, as done by the minions of that scary, scary genius, Karl Rove.
To all these speculators I say, Fools! Morons! Oh imbeciles, can you not see what is before your very eyes?
The culprit is so much more obvious. He has been hiding in plain sight, and laughing mirthlessly at your blindness. He is, of course, none other than Charles Johnson!
For those of you demanding proof (and you, too, Dan Rather), let us all ask the imporant question: who benefits?
It certainly isn't the Kerry campaign, which has been effectively muzzled by this debacle.
It's not really the Bush campaign, since few people gave a rip about his National Guard service.
It surely isn't CBS or Dan Rather.
- The day after the CBS story ran, Charles was ready with a virtually identical copy of the memos. Sure, he claims that he typed them after the fact in Microsoft Word. But what are the odds that he would conveniently have a copy of Microsoft Word that worked exactly the same way as the Microsoft Word that was used to write the memos? And had the same "default" settings? Who does Charles take us for?!
- Charles admits that he is an expert on fonts and printing. Who better to fool a prestigious organization like CBS News? Are we seriously to believe that Dan Rather's staff could be tricked by anyone other than an expert?
- This scandal has generated a lot of exposure for Charles. Not only has he been mentioned on innumerable web logs, but he has had multiple radio interviews, the name of his weblog was given prominence on The O'Reilly Factor -- and I don't even know where else. Most weblogs receiving so much as a Fark or Slashdot link are brought down by the traffic. Yet not only was LGF able to withstand the barrage of new hits (at one point hitting 115 hits PER SECOND!), but it turns out JOHNSON KNEW!! that the traffic would spike as the story kept going! Either Charles is amazingly clairvoyant, or he planned it all along.
There you have it, folks. It's clear that Johnson was the original writer of the memos, as evidenced by his having the same tools as the memo writer, his remarkable ability to reproduce the memos letter-for-letter, his admitted font expertise (required to bamboozle CBS News), and his advanced knowledge of the ensuing media storm.
And if that's not enough to convince you, consider this: many of the LGF commenters are Jews.
For the benefit of the clueless and uninitiated: yes, the preceding was a joke.
- Bush Campaign Crosses a Red Line ABC News repor...
- Oh, give me a break: A cardinal rule of investi...
- Some thoughts on the Union thug vs. 3-year-old sto...
- CBS Memos - the Source Is Obvious There has bee...
- Hugh Hewitt says there should be a Congressional h...
- My Long-awaited Statement I established to my s...
- More documents for CBS News A Jonah Goldberg re...
- Oh, for crying out loud. It seems that in respo...
- Greetings, fellow LGF readers! The Rather/media re...
- I have been following the Rathergate controversy w...
- According to the University of Maryland's Program ...
- "We Have No Choice" Check out this amazing stor...
- A few random thoughts on the Beslan school massacr...
- AP does a search-and-replace From this hair-rai...
- ▼ September (14)
- Make Money Online
- Staunch Moderate
- Rittenhouse Review
- Work at Home News
- Second String Swap
- Investment Banking Monkey
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- TRR Blog
- Bloombox Reviews
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Beadle Beads
- Glass Beads Supplies
- Paquet Full of Glass
- Native American Jewelry