Last night was the Democrats' Waterloo.
But that's been discussed to death all over the blogosphere and the news outlets today. I'd like to cover a more important topic.
I didn't catch The Daily Show last night, so I watched yesterday's episode today. Two guests:
Fmr. Gov. William Weld (R, Mass), in studio - great sense of humor, deadpan, self-effacing.
Al Sharpton, by satellite from the Kerry/Edwards campaign HQ - leaden punchlines, cheap shots at Weld ("he can't send the state troopers after me anymore"), repeating the "we wuz robbed" line from Florida 2000, threatening to throw Bush out of the White House. A two-bit thug in a thousand-dollar suit.
I would have paid good money to see Sharpton's reaction when Bush cleaned up this election. That the Kerry campaign made him prominent during the convention and had him at their headquarters on Election Day -- that alone made the Democrats' humiliating and unmitigated defeat thoroughly deserved. They would do well to ponder just how close a relationship they need to have with the likes of Sharpton.
As would John Stewart.
- When talking Palestinian politics, remember not to...
- A case for less government I know this is norma...
- New Hampshire It Ain't Now that Arafat has bid ...
- Buh-bye Three days after I wish him a long life...
- Guilty pleasures OK, I admit it: part of the re...
- Linking to an incoherent rant by Keith Olbermann, ...
- Here is where you'll always find them... Ann Al...
- Dear Mr. Kinsley... You don't have to apologize...
- Dear Democrats... Now that you've survived your...
- Long Live Arafat Now that Arafat has turned int...
- Red Herrings of the Week: Gay Marriage and Other "...
- Why I voted for George W. Bush This started out...
- Sweet Last night was the Democrats' Waterloo. ...
- It's been over a month since the last time I poste...
- ▼ November (14)
- Make Money Online
- Staunch Moderate
- Rittenhouse Review
- Work at Home News
- Second String Swap
- Investment Banking Monkey
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- TRR Blog
- Bloombox Reviews
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Beadle Beads
- Glass Beads Supplies
- Paquet Full of Glass
- Native American Jewelry