I have to say, the Republican choice of New York City for their 2004 Convention is a pretty smart move. Besides the obvious references to 9/11, that is.
I'm talking about the protests, which are expected to be huge. This is to no one's surprise, of course. Considering the massive worldwide ANSWER-sponsored anger at Bush policies, this may make the anti-trade protests in Seattle, etc. look small. (Allah has been on top of this story for a while.) So what are the Republicans to do? Well, if you can't stop the mobs (and you can't), might as well use them to your advantage, and minimize their impact on your friends.
The Republicans could have chosen a traditionally friendly venue, like San Diego. But this would have brought the various mobs into a friendly town, causing annoyance and resentment among supporters. On the other hand, dragging the thousands of yippies, Black Bloc creeps, and their ilk to New York would at least show the largely-Democrat population there just who exactly they stand with. ("Hey, it wasn't us who torched cars and sailed bricks through the windows of Macy's...") Even if a small number of people switch their votes to Bush in pure disgust, that's a win. And if not, at least the anti-Bush forces will be trashing their own back yard.
True: this is still unfair to the many workaday-joe New Yorkers who will suffer through the mass protests and violent mobs. But they may want to keep in mind that it's not the people at the Convention that are causing gridlock and violence, and tying up emergency services. Good luck.
- Illegal Zionist. . . oh, forget it That's it. ...
- Chirac: Let's force Israel's surrender to the Arab...
- Excuse me, what country is this? Are you kiddin...
- I have to say, the Republican choice of New York C...
- A Suggested Bush Quip "I know Bob Kerrey. Bob ...
- Ugh. I know it's the Daily Indefiskable and all, ...
- Evil Zionist Occupiers redux LGF has a photo th...
- Yo Ahmed, don't bogart the good stuff, man... I...
- Will someone please explain to me the hubbub over ...
- Suman Palit is back, and he is distinctly unimpres...
- Would someone care to explain this? Handicapped...
- Let me guess. . . This is just Tony Blair helpi...
- A quick round-up of recent news from those wacky f...
- ▼ August (13)
- Make Money Online
- Staunch Moderate
- Rittenhouse Review
- Work at Home News
- Second String Swap
- Investment Banking Monkey
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- TRR Blog
- Bloombox Reviews
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Beadle Beads
- Glass Beads Supplies
- Paquet Full of Glass
- Native American Jewelry