This explains a lot!I believe we have found one of the major root causes of idiotarianism:
UNITED NATIONS - The brainpower of entire nations has diminished because of a shortage of the right vitamins, and slipping nutrients into people's food seems to be the only solution, a new U.N. survey says. . .(Emphasis mine)
In most Western countries, governments have fought the problem with additives: iodine is sprayed onto salt before packaging, vitamin A is added to milk and margarine, and flour is enriched with niacin, iron and folic acid.
But that doesn't work in countries where governments are weak, food is not processed in big mills and diets are based on a single starchy staple like rice or corn.
Suddenly, the commonality between organic-everything anti-industrial antiglobazoids and Third-World Islamist nutcases is revealed: the former eschews foods that prevent stupidity, and the latter doesn't have access to same.
Update April 16, 2004: Yahoo link no longer valid; changed to point to the same AP story at the Miami Herald.
- Pejman comes out in favor of dueling.
- The good news: Chirac got his ass handed to him. ...
- Over at A Small Victory, Michele has had it with M...
- This explains a lot! I believe we have found on...
- Yawn The Arabs are mad at the Israelis for maki...
- Fun quotes on the Yassin liquidation from the Seat...
- About time and good riddance. Update: Not that...
- In Spain, the terrorists have won. The horrific a...
- By way of Instapundit comes this pathetic whine of...
- ▼ March (9)
- Make Money Online
- Staunch Moderate
- Rittenhouse Review
- Work at Home News
- Second String Swap
- Investment Banking Monkey
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- TRR Blog
- Bloombox Reviews
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Beadle Beads
- Glass Beads Supplies
- Paquet Full of Glass
- Native American Jewelry